Deploying Cavirin on AWS Marketplace
This guide provides guidance for installing Cavirin via the AWS Marketplace into your AWS environment. For the embedded license version, billing occurs via AWS. For BYOL, licensing and payments are via Cavirin.
Step 1: Select
- After searching the AWS Marketplace, select the proper Cavirin version (BYOL or Freemium)
- Subscribe to the offering and then click on configuration
Step 2: Configure and Launch
- In most cases the defaults should be selected.
- a. Fulfillment Option: 64 bit AMI
b. Select desired Software Version
c. Select the desired Region
d. Action: Launch from Website
e. The recommended EC2 Instance Type is: m5.xlarge
f. Select desired VPC and subnet
g. Select "Create New Based On Seller Settings" and provide name and description
h. Select your Key Pair
- Select "Launch"
- You should receive the following message:
- Copy the AMI ID
- Click on ‘View Instance in EC2 Console’. It is easiest to sort on Launch time to find the new instance. Enter a name for future reference. Copy the Public IP address.
Step 3: First Access to Cavirin
- You can access the Cavirin server by inserting the appropriate IP address, as follows: https://<your_public_ip_address>
- The public IP address can be found in the details of the instance in the EC2 control panel as above.
- For BYOL, upload the license key. (Cavirin will provide a Key)
- The default users:
- userid = administrator password = your unique instance ID from the AWS Console.
- userid = groupadmin password = your unique instance ID from the AWS Console.
- userid = devops password = your unique instance ID from the AWS Console.
- userid = analyst password = your unique instance ID from the AWS Console.
- You would be asked to change these default passwords before you can proceed.
- Please refer to the Cavirin User Guide for further configuration. Additional help is at https://cavirin.zendesk.com/hc/en-us