Important prerequisite information follows:
- The latest Cavirin-distributed OVA for VMware will be posted on Zendesk.
- ESXi 6.0 or later is required.
- The Google Chrome browser is required for interface access.
- The VMware VM for the platform must support a minimum of 4 CPUs/16GB of RAM and 150 GB of SSD storage. Thin provisioning is fine.
Open ports and configuration of the platform
The Cavirin platform will need the following ports open to incoming traffic:
- HTTPS 443
- SSH 22
Machine Communication - Enabling Communication with Your Servers and Instances
Machine Communication - Open Ports Required
- For Linux Servers SSH, port 22 must be accessible for the Cavirin server to be able to assess the server or instance.
- For Windows Servers WINRM, port 5985/5986 must be accessible for the Cavirin server to be able to assess the server or instance.
- ICMP – for on-prem machine discovery.
- Windows Target/s - A user with at least local administrator permissions: If you have the ability to create a domain-level service account with administrative privileges, this is preferable.
- Linux Target/s - A user with sudo permission.
Network Configuration – Opening Communication Between the Host and Target Machines
Your network must be able to support open communication between the Cavirin host machine and all the target machines.